Back to all Recipes
Roast Figs with Cinnamon, Thyme and Honey
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbspbutter
- 1 tbsporange liqueur
- 1/2 tspground cinnamon
- 12 ripe figs
- 1 tspthyme
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Put the honey, butter, liqueur and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Using a small sharp knife, make a cut like a cross in the top of each fig, cutting almost to the base.
- Place them upright in a roasting pan, opening them a little as you go. Pour the liquid over each one. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of thyme over each fig. Return them to the oven, switch it off, leaving the door ajar.
- Leave the figs in the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with mascarpone cheese, custard or your favourite ice cream.
Recipe Originally published on : The Rural Shopper, Mid September, 2007.
Submitted by: Sally